- GSS was born in Scotland, UK… the land of Irn Bru, Tunnock’s tea cakes, and of course Scotch Whisky!
- Gained investments from TRICAP and Scottish Enterprise.
- Launched ground breaking mid-range NDIR LED based CO2 sensors – our 1st generation sensors.
- Patented our technology.
- Opened our first manufacturing plant and started volume production of Carbon Dioxide sensors.
- Set up a worldwide distribution network, including USA, Japan and China.
- Won the esteemed Shell Springboard award.
Launched our transformational low power CO2 sensor brand, CozIR® – our 2nd generation sensors. CozIR® marks a breakthrough in power consumption- up to 50X lower power than typical NDIR CO2 sensors. This innovation makes battery powered, wireless CO2 systems possible, and has the potential to revolutionise air quality, building control and HVAC applications.
We’re now exporting to over 46 countries.
- Invested in a semi-conductor facility to make our own solid-state LEDs.
- Gained ISO 9001:2008 international quality standard.
- Introduced our 3rd generation CO2 sensors – we’re now best-in-class for speed, power consumption and product lifetime.
- Launched our high speed CO2 sensor, SprintIR®, capable of 20 readings per second. This development offers major advancements for high speed sensing applications, such as breath analysis and food packaging markets.
- Launched MinIR™ (later rebranded to ExplorIR®) our tough and versatile CO2 sensor brand built to withstand volatile environments exposed to pressure and vibration.
- Won the prestigious Institute of Physics (IOP) innovation award for developing and commercializing our range of LED based CO2 sensors.
- Secured 4 Innovate UK collaborative R&D projects in building control, energy scavenging, neural networks and capnography.
Development partnership with Wide Blue Ltd and Cambridge Respiratory Innovations Ltd (CRIL) resulted in radical N-Tidal™ breath analysis technology for managing COPD (lung diseases).
- First GSS Carbon Dioxide sensors launched into space!
- We celebrate our 10th birthday.
- Delivered our 250,000th CO2 sensor.
- Launched CozIR®-LP, a miniature low power Carbon Dioxide sensor with a massive 60% space saving compared with CozIR®.
- Secured 2 further Innovate UK R&D projects in aerospace and compound semiconductors.
- Won 2 coveted Elektra awards for ‘Excellence in Product Design for Medical’, and ‘Design Team of the Year’.
- Launched SprintIR®-6S, a high speed CO2 sensor with a 6X faster response than its predecessor, SprintIR®-W.
- Doubled our production capacity and expanded assembly team.
- Gained ISO 9001:2015 international quality standard.