ExplorIR®-M CO2 Sensor
ExplorIR®-M (formerly known as MinIR) is a robust, low power, CO2 sensor in miniature format. Its compact design enables easy integration into gas monitoring and detection systems.
The sensor is built to reliably measure CO2 levels in harsh environments, up to 100% concentration. This includes applications exposed to varying degrees of pressure, and high vibration conditions.
Its low power requirement also makes it ideal for battery powered systems, including portable, wearable and self-powered applications.
ExplorIR®-M is built on our unique patented LED technology platform and optical designs. It’s this solid-state technology that enables best-in-class power consumption, lifetime and durability.
- Reliable performance in harsh, changing environments
- Accurate readings in unstable conditions
- Fits neatly inside compact instruments
- Ideal for low power and battery applications
- Up to 50X lower power than typical NDIR CO2 sensors
- Long lifetime – low maintenance
- Suitable for wireless, portable, wearable and self-powered systems
- Integrates with wireless IoT networks such as ZigBee, Wifi, LoRa, Bluetooth, SigFox and EnOcean
- Robust and versatile
- Low power/low energy consumption – 3.5mW
- Measures up to 100% CO2 concentration
- Miniature format/Small footprint
- >15 years lifetime
- Solid-state – no moving parts, no heated filaments
- Vibration and shock resistant
- Digital (UART) output
- RoHS compliant
- Manufactured in the UK
ExplorIR®-M is available in measurement ranges from 0-5%, 0-20%, and 0-100% concentration. The sensor is suitable for a range of process control, and similar demanding applications.
It can be used for battery applications, where low power consumption is required. This includes IoT applications, such as wearables.
Examples of markets where ExplorIR®-M CO2 sensors are being successfully used:
- Food packaging
- Food storage/transportation