ExplorIR®-W CO2 Sensor
ExplorIR®-W (formerly known as CozIR Wide Range) is a robust, low power CO2 sensor, with optional temperature and RH% sensing, and optional analogue (voltage) output.
The sensor is built to reliably measure CO2 levels in harsh environments, up to 100% concentration. This includes applications exposed to varying degrees of pressure, and high vibration conditions.
Its low power requirement also makes it ideal for battery powered systems, including portable, wearable and self-powered applications.
ExplorIR®-W CO2 sensor is built on our unique patented LED technology platform and optical designs. It’s this solid-state technology that enables best-in-class power consumption, lifetime and durability.
- Robust and versatile
- Reliable in harsh, volatile environments
- Ideal for low power and battery applications
- Up to 50X lower power than typical NDIR CO2 sensors
- Long lifetime – low maintenance
- Suitable for wireless, portable, wearable and self-powered systems
- Integrates with wireless IoT networks such as ZigBee, Wifi, LoRa, Bluetooth, SigFox and EnOcean
- Vibration and shock resistant
- Solid-state – no moving parts, no heated filaments
- Low power/energy consumption – 3.5mW
- >15 years lifetime
- Measures up to 100% CO2 concentration
- Optional temperature and RH% sensing
- Digital (UART) or analogue (Voltage) output
- RoHS compliant
- Manufactured in the UK
ExplorIR®-W is available in measurement ranges from 0-5%, 0-20%, and 0-100% concentration. The sensor is suitable for a range of process control, and similar demanding applications.
It can be used for battery applications, where low power consumption is required. This includes IoT applications, such as wearables.
Examples of markets where ExplorIR®-W CO2 sensors are being successfully used:
- Food packaging
- Food storage/transportation